Thursday, April 28, 2011

Summer jobs

To comment on Gazelle's last essay more than her blog post, I would like to co-sign on the fact I think it's ridiculous that teachers outside lives should be subject to professional scrutiny. I'm currently looking for teaching jobs for the summer and fall, so I deleted just about all my online profiles, in the oft chance a prospective employer might look at it. I've never been one to be really open about my life on social networks--posting stupid Alexandra Wallacesque stuff--but the idea that anything outside my professional qualifications matters is strange and off-putting. I don't think any other profession--outside of career politician--is subject to the same microscopic lens.

What are you guys planning to do this summer for writerly work? Perhaps we can share resources--I definitely have interesting places to recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment